Monday, April 20, 2009

Goodbye Razz

I posted this on my personal blog... but I think it should be here as well...

Miss you Razz...

_________________________________________________________________



I suck at putting my feelings like this into a post... but I will try anyway...

If you haven't already read on Naturgesetz's blog... our fellow blogger Razz died a few weeks ago.

For those of you who didnt know Razz from his blog Doin' me head in... he was 19 and from England and came to the US for college. He was living with a few roomies and fell in love with one of them. One day while running (yes, Razz was sexy and in shape, lol - how inappropriate to say... I know) Razz broke his leg... after a few tests they found out that it was bone cancer and he went home to the UK for treatment...

He was very brave and always was in the highest spirits even when he was going through some rough patches in the treatments...

A few weeks ago... he came down with pnemonia and just wasnt strong enough anymore...

We lost a great person... a great blogger... and I lost a great friend.

I know I never met him in person... but I loved Razz as a friend. We used to chat for hours when he was around... and when he wasnt... we would email. We were both starting relationships at the same time and we would take about what we were going through... he was so much fun to talk with...

The day he told me he was sick I cried... When he told me that the cancer had metsastesized before they caught it.... I knew that his chances were slim to none... but he was so strong...

I really loved you Razz... and I am sorry I never got to meet you... you were such a cool guy and I loved talking with you. I hope you are at some peace now that the pain is gone... I hope your family and friends were a huge comfort to you in your final days... I am sure they were...

You were an amazing person with one of the best senses of humor - got to love that sarcastic British charm... lol... Fuck... I am really going to miss you...

I knew when you didnt email me back recently that things must have gone horribly wrong... but I couldnt bring myself to believe it... I kept thinking... maybe you went on vacation to Spain or something...

I wish I could have said something more meaningful here to convey how we all felt about you... to convey how much we loved you... but I cant...

I am going to go watch some Shameless for you and have a great laugh...



"Scatter!"


I will miss you buddy...

Love,
AJ

1 comment:

Mr McCabbage said...

From: SAVITRI -- Sri Aurobindo (1872-1950):

I saw them cross the twilight of an age,
The sun-eyed children of a marvellous dawn,
The great creators with wide brows of calm,
The massive barrier-breakers of the world
And wrestlers with destiny in her lists of will,
The labourers in the quarries of the gods,
The messengers of the Incommunicable,
The architects of immortality.
Into the fallen human sphere they came,
Faces that wore the Immortal's glory still,
Voices that communed still with the thoughts of God,
Bodies made beautiful by the spirit's light,
Carrying the magic word, the mystic fire,
Carrying the Dionysian cup of joy,
Approaching eyes of a diviner man,
Lips chanting an unknown anthem of the soul,
Feet echoing in the corridors of Time.
High priests of wisdom, sweetness, might and bliss,
Discoverers of beauty's sunlit ways
And swimmers of Love's laughing fiery floods
And dancers within rapture's golden doors,
Their tread one day shall change the suffering earth
And justify the Light on Nature's face.